ASH Assistant Audition
ASH Assistant Audition Fees
What is Included in the ASH Assistant Audition Fee?
- ASH Assistant Audition Solo Performance
- ASH Assistant Live Audition
- Gala Closing Number Choreography and Rehearsals (See below for more information)
- Personalized Jacket (Exclusively designed for ASH Assistant Auditioners)
- Complimentary Gala Ticket. (This Gala Ticket is for the ASH Assistant Auditioner ONLY. This ticket will be reserved on your behalf and is non-transferrable.)
This is the culmination of the ASH Apprentice/ASH Apprentice Runner Up Scholarship program. There is no scoring or weighted scoring of any kind. This is also an “Add- On” to your convention registration and is to audition to become an ASH Assistant or ASH: The Company Member for the 2022-2023 Season. There is not a separate audition for ASH: The Company. All auditioners are referred to as “ASH Assistant Auditioners” and, at registration, are given a special colored label on which their scholarship number is printed in order to signal to all Faculty that they are auditioning to become an ASH Assistant or ASH: The Company Member. There are 3 parts of the ASH Assistant Audition:
- ASH Assistant Audition Solo: A prepared solo must be performed. This performance is not part of the Open Competition and if you would like to enter it into the Open Competition, you must register it separately.
- Live Audition: This is a closed audition and will be run by ASH’s Director and Faculty in Attendance.
- Convention Class Work: All Auditioners are observed by all ASH Faculty in attendance. Work ethic, responsibility, focus, technique and speed of learning are aspects that are important to becoming an ASH Assistant and are observed by all decision-makers.
- To be eligible to register for the ASH Assistant Audition at Nationals, you must have received an ASH Apprentice or ASH Apprentice Runner Up Scholarship at a 21/22 Regional event.
- Dancers MUST audition in the age group in which they received their ASH Apprentice or ASH Apprentice Runner Up Scholarship.
- Dancers must be able to attend the ASH Assistant Audition, convention classes, closing number rehearsals and the Gala to participate.
Dancers will begin with the ASH Assistant Audition Solo performance. Dancers will bring a solo (already choreographed) to be scored by the ASH Faculty. No critiques or awards will be given for this solo; it is specifically a part of the ASH Assistant Audition. This will be performed on the ASH stage. Costumes and makeup are encouraged but not required. Doors will be open for teachers, dancers and parents to watch (No wristband needed).
Next, will be the Live Audition process. Dancers will learn combinations from the ASH Faculty. Once they learn all combinations, they will audition in front of the ASH Faculty. (Bring clothes and shoes for ALL styles!). This audition is closed. No teachers or parents will be allowed in the room for any reason.
Finally, all 22/23 ASH Assistants will be announced at the Gala on the final night of Nationals!
If you are participating in the ASH Assistant Audition, your ASH Assistant Audition Solo is NOT automatically registered for the Open Competition. They are completely separate programs. If you are participating in the ASH Assistant Audition, you are required to register an ASH Assistant Audition Solo as mentioned above. That routine is included in the price of the ASH Assistant Audition Add-On. If you would like to register the same routine for the Open Competition, you must register the routine TWICE; once for the ASH Assistant Audition and once for the Open Competition (See the Registration Instructions).