ASH Assistant Audition
ASH Assistant Audition Fees
What is Included in the ASH Assistant Audition Fee?
- ASH Assistant Live Audition.
- Gala Closing Number Choreography and Rehearsals (See below for more information.)
- Personalized Jacket (Exclusively designed for ASH Assistant Auditioners ONLY.)
- ASH: The Company Live Audition. (In order to be eligible for both ASH Assistant and ASH: The Company, you must register for both but if you are registered for the ASH Assistant Audition, the ASH: The Company Audition is free of charge.)
This is the culmination of the ASH Apprentice/ASH Apprentice Runner Up Scholarship program. There is no scoring or weighted scoring of any kind. This is also an “Add- On” to your convention registration and is to audition to become an ASH Assistant or ASH: The Company Member for the 2023-2024 Season. There is a separate audition for ASH: The Company. In order to be eligible for both ASH Assistant and ASH: The Company, you must register for both auditions. However, if you are registered for the ASH Assistant Audition, the ASH: The Company Audition is free of charge.
All auditioners are referred to as “ASH Assistant Auditioners” and, at registration, are given a special colored label on which their scholarship number is printed in order to signal to all Faculty that they are auditioning to become an ASH Assistant or ASH: The Company Member. There are 3 parts of the ASH Assistant Audition:
- Open Competition Solo: A prepared solo must be registered for the Open Competition.
- Live Audition: This is a closed audition and will be run by ASH’s Director and Faculty in Attendance.
- Convention Class Work: All Auditioners are observed by all ASH Faculty in attendance. Work ethic, responsibility, focus, technique and speed of learning are aspects that are important to becoming an ASH Assistant and are observed by all decision-makers.
- To be eligible to register for the ASH Assistant Audition at Nationals, you must have received an ASH Apprentice or ASH Apprentice Runner Up Scholarship at a 22/23 Regional event.
- Dancers MUST audition in the age group in which they received their ASH Apprentice or ASH Apprentice Runner Up Scholarship.
- Dancers must be able to attend the ASH Assistant Audition, perform a solo in the Open Competition, attend convention classes, closing number rehearsals and the Gala to participate.
ASH Assistant Auditioners are required to register a solo (already choreographed) in the Open Competition. This will be performed on the ASH stage as part of the Open Competition. The Open Competition is open for teachers, dancers and parents to watch (No wristband needed) and is broadcast live at www.ASHWebcast.com.
Next, will be the Live Audition process. Dancers will learn combinations from the ASH Faculty. Once they learn all combinations, they will audition in front of the ASH Faculty. (Bring clothes and shoes for ALL styles!). This audition is closed. No teachers or parents will be allowed in the room for any reason.
Finally, all 23/24 ASH Assistants will be announced at the Gala on the final night of Nationals!