Open Competition Fees
Each performance will be critiqued by the ASH Nationals judges and provided a score. Watching the Open Competition is free of charge (no wristband needed.) ASH will livestream the Open Competition at www.ASHWebcast.com!
- Registration for the Open Competition is on a first come, first serve basis. Once maximum capacity is reached, we will no longer accept Open Competition routine registrations.
- If a minimum number of entries is not reached, ASH Productions reserves the right to cancel the Open Competition. In the event of a cancellation, ASH Productions will issue a full refund for Open Competition fees only.
- Awards received when a dancer is registered with a studio are not valid when registering as an independent or with another studio.
- All routines must be appropriate for family viewing.
- Teachers may not coach dancers during performance.
- Changes to any routine must be made at least two weeks prior to the event.
- There will be strict adherence to the Open Competition program order. Please be ready to perform when scheduled.
- All music must be uploaded to your online registration account at least one week prior to the start of the event. A backup USB of all music should be turned in at the registration booth.
- To participate in the Open Competition, dancers must be registered for the full convention.
- All dancers registered for the Convention at ASH Nationals are eligible to participate in the Open Competition.
- Dancers or routines are not required to have performed at a regional event in order to participate in the Open Competition.
- All performers must be students. NO TEACHERS OR PROFESSIONAL DANCERS.
Routine Limits and Entry Rules
- A registered dancer may register up to 2 solos in the Open Competition.
- Independent dancers may participate in the Open Competition.
- Dancers may perform solos and duets/trios without a Teacher registered for the full convention.
- In order to perform a group routines (4+ dancers), a Teacher must be registered for the full convention.
Stage Setup, Props, and Restricted Materials
- NEW! We have added wings! Stage Dimensions – 24 feet deep x 48 feet wide.
- The following items may NOT be used in routines: paint, liquid, glass, fire, live animals, confetti, powder, and glitter.
- Props are fine, but must be carried on and oﬀ the stage. Props may not be larger than 8 feet tall.
- Please leave the stage area clean for the next performers.
- Access for crossovers will depend on the venue setup. Please plan entrances and exits accordingly for all situations.
Each solo performance will be critiqued and given a score. The Solo Competition will be conducted in two rounds. The first is the Open Competition. The top ten scoring solos (semi-finalists) in each age division (Artists In Training, Intermediate, and Advanced) will advance to round two for an improv portion of the competition. Mini Movers are not included in round two. Each semi-finalist will be given one minute to improv to a song chosen for them on the spot! The top three semi-finalists from each age division will be announced as winners and awarded a cash prize during the Scholarship Announcements on the last day of Nationals. The top scoring solo in each age division will be invited to perform their solo in the Gala on the last night of Nationals.
Duet, Trio & Group Competition
Each duet, trio and group number will be critiqued and given a score. The top three scoring duet/trios in each age division (Mini Movers, Artists In Training, Intermediate & Advanced) and top three scoring group dances in each age division will be announced as winners and awarded a cash prize during the Scholarship Announcements on the last day of Nationals.