Open Competition Fees
Rules & General Information
Each performance will be critiqued by the ASH faculty and provided a score. Scroll down for scoring and award information. Open Competition attendance is free of charge. ASH will livestream the Open Competition at www.ASHWebcast.com. The video wall located in the lobby will also be broadcasting the Open Competition. Friends and family can watch from home, and attendees will be able to watch from anywhere at the venue!
- Registration for the Open Competition is on a first come, first serve basis. Once maximum capacity is reached, we will no longer accept Open Competition routine registrations.
- Access for crossovers will depend on the venue setup. Please plan entrances and exits accordingly for all situations.
- If a minimum number of entries is not reached, ASH Productions reserves the right to cancel the Open Competition. In the event of a cancellation, ASH Productions will issue a full refund for Open Competition fees only.
- To participate in the Open Competition, dancers must be registered for the full convention.
- Dancers may perform solos and duets/trios without a Teacher or Studio Representative registered.
- In order to perform a group routines (4+ dancers), a Teacher or Studio Representative must be registered for the full convention.
- Independent dancers may participate in the Open Competition.
- Awards received when a dancer is registered with a studio are not valid when registering as an independent or with another studio.
- All routines must be appropriate for family viewing.
- Teachers may not coach dancers during performance.
- The following items may NOT be used in routines: liquid, glass, fire, live animals, confetti, powder, and glitter.
- Props are fine, but must be carried on and oﬀ the stage. Props may not be larger than 8 feet tall.
- Please leave the stage area clean for the next performers.
- NEW! We have added wings! Stage Dimensions – 24 feet deep x 48 feet wide.
- Changes to any routine must be made at least two weeks prior to the event.
- There will be strict adherence to the Open Competition program order. Please be ready to perform when scheduled.
- All performers must be students. NO TEACHERS OR PROFESSIONAL DANCERS.
- All music must be uploaded to your online Studio or Independent registration account at least one week prior to the start of the event. A backup CD or USB of all music should be turned in at the registration booth.
- Solo Competition – Each solo performance will be critiqued and given a score. The Solo Competition will be conducted in two
- The top ten scoring solos in the Artists In Training, Intermediate, and Advanced age divisions will advance to round two for an improv section of the competition. Each semi-finalist will be given one minute.
- The top three finalists from each age division will be announced and awarded a cash prize during the Scholarship
- The top scoring solo in each age division will be invited to perform their solo in the Gala
- Duet/Trio and Group Competition – Each duet, trio and group number will be critiqued and given a score. The top three scoring duet/trios and top three scoring group dances will be announced at the Scholarship Announcements and will be awarded a cash prize. Critiques and scores will be available for viewing and download in your online registration account.
Please Note : Attendance is free of charge for the Open Competition. The Solo Competition and Open Competition will be broadcast LIVE! To tune in, visit www.ASHWebcast.com.