|Dancers with an Apprentice or Apprentice Runner Up Scholarship
|Dancers with an ASH Nationals Scholarship
|Mini Movers (Ages 4-6)
(2 Days of Classes)
The Convention Fee includes:
- 3 days of convention classes. (Mini Movers is 2 days only)
- Virtual Nationals Welcome Box. (Includes ASH Merch, a wristband, and light up glasses for the dance party)
- One solo in the Open Competition.
- Eligibility to audition for ASH Scholarships including Sponsors and College Representatives.
- Eligibility to audition for ASH: The Company.
- Eligibility to audition for ASH Assistant.
- Ages for scholarship auditions and Open Competition are as of January 1, 2020.
- Attendees are not required to participate in the Open Competition, however, if you choose to participate in the Open Competition you must be registered for the convention.
- Dancers may either register with their studio or as an independent dancer. When registering, type “Independent” when asked to provide a studio name.
ASH accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, checks or money orders. Checks or money orders must be received before the registration deadline (June 19, 2020). If a check is returned, you will be assessed a $30.00 fee.
All funds must be paid in U.S. currency only. No International, Canadian or Foreign checks will be accepted.
All registrations are non-refundable, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Credit will be decided upon on a case by case basis. To be considered for credit, notice must be given prior to the start date of the event. Absolutely no credit will be considered or given for cancelled registrations unless proof of illness or injury, for which medical attention has been sought within 30 days prior to the start of the event and is proven with an authentic doctor’s note. If credit is approved, the credit must be used for convention or performance fees only, and will be good for one year from the start date of the event. You will be credited for the amount paid minus a service fee of $25.00. Credit will not be issued for any other reason.
Register 10+ Dancers, receive 1 FREE Teacher registration
Register 25+ Dancers, receive 2 FREE Teacher registrations
Register 45+ Dancers, receive 3 FREE Teacher registrations
Register 70+ Dancers, receive 4 FREE Teacher registrations
|# OF PERFORMERS
|SMALL GROUP (4-9)
|LARGE GROUP (10-24)
RULES & GENERAL INFORMATION
Each performance will receive a written critique by the ASH faculty and provided a score.
- Registration is based on a first come, first serve basis. Due to time restraints, once maximum capacity is reached, we will no longer accept Open Competition registrations.
- To participate in the Open Competition, dancers must be registered for the convention.
- Independent dancers may participate in the Open Competition.
- Awards received when a dancer is registered with a studio are not valid when registering as an independent or with another studio without written consent from the original studio owner/director.
- All routines must be appropriate for family viewing.
- All program changes must be made by the registration deadline (June 19, 2020).
- All performers must be students. NO TEACHERS OR PROFESSIONAL DANCERS.
- Solo Competition – Each performance will receive a written critique by the ASH faculty and provided a score. The Solo Competition will be conducted in two rounds. The top ten scoring solos in the Artists In Training (Ages 7 – 11), Junior (Ages 12 – 14) and Senior (Ages 15+) age divisions will advance to round two for an improv section of the competition. Each semi-finalist will be given one minute to improv. The top three finalists from each age division will be announced. The top scoring solo in each age division will be showcased in our Virtual Gala.
- Duet/Trio and Group Competition – Each duet, trio and group number will receive a written critique and given a score. The top three scoring duet / trios and top three scoring group dances will be announced. The ASH Faculty will be choosing Open Competition Judges Choice Selections from the top three duet / trio routines and top three scoring group routines, and will be showcased in our Virtual Gala.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ROUTINE VIDEOS ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED
Once you have registered for the convention and open competition, you will need to submit the video(s) of registered routines to ASH for scoring and written critique.
THE DEADLINE TO UPLOAD YOUR ROUTINE IS JUNE 19, 2020. THIS DATE WILL NOT BE EXTENDED.
- STEP 1: Make sure you have the correct video(s) to submit.
- STEP 2: Make sure your videos are in .mp4 format. Any routine not submitted as this file type will be immediately disqualified.
- STEP 3: Rename your video file(s). Here is EXACTLY how it should be titled: “Studio Name-Routine Name”. Here is an example: “Braham’s School of Dance – Too Darn Hot”. Any routine not labeled this way will be immediately disqualified
- STEP 4: Click HERE to upload your video file(s).
- STEP 5: Do not call or email ASH to ensure your file was uploaded correctly. We understand that double-checking may make you feel as though you have done your due diligence. On June 12, 2020, ASH will contact the email listed in your registration as a reminder to upload any remaining videos.
Auditions for Scholarships, ASH: The Company, ASH Assistant
During the 19/20 tour, Artists Simply Human will be awarding over $3,000,000 in scholarships! Scholarships will be awarded to dancers based on the audition combination. General scholarship recipients and ASH Boot Camp finalists will be announced during the gala on Wednesday, July 8th.
- STEP 1: Register for ASH Nationals. All registered dancers are eligible to audition for general scholarships, ASH: The Company and ASH Assistant.
- STEP 2: Go to www.ASHAudition.com and learn the combination for your appropriate level.
- STEP 3: Film yourself performing the combination and upload your video to a public video platform (ie. YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, etc.).
- STEP 4: Fill out the form at www.ASHAudition.com and including the link to your audition combination video by Friday, June 19th. You can choose to audition for one, two or all three of the categories below (General Scholarships, ASH: The Company, ASH Assistant.)
- STEP 5: (*ASH Assistant & ASH: The Company Audition Only*) Send in a video of your solo, no later than Friday, June 19, 2020 (It can be from a previous event, another competition/convention or a new video from home.) You receive one free solo upon registering.
- STEP 6: Attend ASH Virtual Nationals, July 3rd-8th, 2020!
- STEP 7: Tune into the Virtual Gala to hear all Scholarship Announcements and ASH Boot Camp finalists.
- STEP 8: Attend ASH Boot Camp if you are selected.
WHAT IS ASH BOOT CAMP?
ASH Boot Camp is the second phase of the ASH Assistant and ASH: The Company audition. It will begin Monday, July 13th and be a 4-6 week process where dancers will be separated into small groups to take zoom classes with the ASH Faculty and go through an interview process for evaluation. Assistants and Company Members will be announced by the end of August.
- STEP 8: Find out if you are selected as an ASH: The Company Member or ASH Assistant!
The categories you can audition for are as follows:
ASH Scholarships, Colleges, Agencies and Sponsors
ASH: The Company
ASH: The Company is a training program and supplement to a dancer’s studio training. This program is a bridge from ASH attendee to ASH Assistant. Company members are required to attend a minimum of 5 cities in which the program is held, however they receive a full year scholarship to all ASH events. The program gives a taste of what touring with a convention is like, they will learn choreography to perform in the Closing Show, work the Performance Showcase and more! After the season is complete, at our Nationals event, on Company Member will be chosen as an ASH Assistant by the ASH Faculty. The goal is for Company Members to dive deeper in their training and dance experience while invigorating them to push themselves to the next level!
ASH Assistants are an elite group of dancers invited to tour with, assist, and be mentored by Artists Simply Human’s esteemed faculty of world-renowned choreographers and esteemed educators for one full season. ASH Assistants receive a full season scholarship and a lifetime scholarship to attend ASH. During that season they will assist the Faculty throughout the weekend, attend rehearsals, perform in the Welcome Show and Closing Show, and learn the ins and outs of backstage management during the Performance Showcase. They will gain an inside perspective of the dance industry and learn the tools they need to further their dance career. Becoming an ASH Assistant is a life changing experience, and is the highest scholarship presented by Artists Simply Human.
The Following information is subject to change due to COVID-19
- ASH Assistants must attend a minimum of ten regional cities (Ages 12 & Up) and six regional cities (Ages 7-11) including Orlando regionals, and must attend the Nationals in Orlando, FL.
- Assistants will learn one group piece at the first regional city (Orlando, FL) for the Welcome Show. In select cities ASH Assistants may be asked to perform a solo. ASH events include additional classes that are held on Friday evenings. ASH Assistant rehearsal will be held Thursday night, Friday morning/afternoon or Saturday morning.
- ASH Assistants must stay with the studio they received their title with, if you change/ leave the studio, you will lose your ASH Assistant title.
- Perform in Welcome and Closing Shows, assist faculty in all classes in your assigned level unless asked to assist in another level, assist at scholarship auditions, attend rehearsals, attend seminars, participate in backstage duties for Performance Showcase, if your studio is not in attendance, and always arrive early.
- As part of their professional training, ASH Assistants will be required to work backstage during the Performance Showcase. It is expected that ASH Assistants will maintain a clean and put-together appearance, a clean and orderly space backstage, and a positive attitude toward all participants. Dress code for showcase is pants and a top or a long dress only! No skirts, shorts, or short dresses are allowed. ASH Assistants are not permitted to use their phone during work time. This is to devote the attention needed to all Showcase participants, safety of backstage, and to continue setting a positive example for all attendees to follow.
SAFETY AND GUARDIANSHIP
- Assistants under the age of 18 must be accompanied to each event by a parent or designated guardian. Should an ASH Assistant request to be accompanied by anyone other than the signed parent or guardian below, notification must be given to and approved by the Convention Manager prior to the start of the event. ASH Productions shall not act as a guardian and is not responsible for the well-being of any ASH Assistant.
More information will be coming soon! Get ready for a newly redesigned incredible Gala!