Performance Showcase Fees
Rules & General Information
The Performance Showcase is an opportunity for dancers to perform their pieces in a supportive and non-competitive environment. Each performance will be critiqued by the ASH faculty and awards will be given, however, the performances are not scored. The Performance Showcase will be held on Friday and Saturday. Since seating will be set up according to social distancing guidelines once capacity is reached no more audience members will be allowed into the ballroom, ASH will livestream the performance showcase at www.ASHWebcast.com. The video wall located in the lobby will also be broadcasting the Performance Showcase. Friends and family can watch from home, and attendees will be able to watch from anywhere at the venue!
- UPDATED SEPTEMBER 9! Each registered dancer may register up to 2 solos.
- Registration for the Performance Showcase is on a first come, first serve basis. Due to time restraints and social distancing guidelines, once maximum capacity is reached, we will no longer accept Performance Showcase routine registrations.
- An Owner/Director, Teacher, or other registered studio representative must be present backstage in order to collect and redistribute masks and other PPE to dancers before and after the routine is performed.
- Access for crossovers will depend on the venue setup and best social distancing practices. Please plan entrances and exits accordingly for all situations.
- If a minimum number of entries is not reached, ASH Productions reserves the right to cancel the Performance Showcase. In the event of a cancellation, ASH Productions will issue a full refund for Performance Showcase fees only.
- To participate in the Performance Showcase, dancers must be registered for the full convention.
- Dancers may perform solos and duets/trios in the Performance Showcase without a Teacher registered.
- In order to perform a group routines (4+ dancers) in the Performance Showcase, a Teacher or Studio Director must be registered for the full convention.
- Independent dancers may participate in the Performance Showcase.
- Awards received when a dancer is registered with a studio are not valid when registering as an independent or with another studio.
- All routines must be appropriate for family viewing.
- Teachers may not coach dancers during performance.
- No dangerous items may be used in the routine such as glass, fire or live animals.
- Props are fine, but must be carried on and oﬀ the stage. Props may not be larger than 8 feet tall.
- Please leave the stage area clean for the next performers.
- Stage Dimensions – 24 feet deep x 40 feet wide.
- Changes to any routine must be made at least two weeks prior to the event.
- There will be strict adherence to the Performance Showcase program order. Please be ready to perform when scheduled.
- All performers must be students. NO TEACHERS OR PROFESSIONAL DANCERS.
- All music must be uploaded to your online Studio or Independent registration account at least one week prior to the start of the event. A backup CD or USB of all music should be turned in at the registration booth.
In select cities Performance Showcase may be held on both Thursday afternoons, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Critiques will be uploaded to your online Studio or Independent registration account. You find the instructions on viewing or downloading your critiques by clicking below.